Minutes of SDRR Committee Meeting held on Wednesday, 4th April 2018

Present:     Andy Hawtin, Becky Moult, Andy Orme, Nikki Reeves and Adrian Middleton

Minutes of previous Meeting: Approved

Run in the Forest 2018:
Main Race marshal positions to be published on FB page
Run the route 8th April to clarify the marshal positions
Fun run marshals identified and will be published
225 entries so far for the main race
14 entries for fun runners
Agreed to have a review after event for possible improvements for next year

Presentation Night 2019:
Put the date of 12th Jan 2019 in your diaries it has now been booked and confirmed with Conkers.

Run Leader Courses
Committee agreed Lisa Wright, Alison Shearer and Tom Robinson to attend Run Leader Courses
Check availability of places for the courses

Club Funds and Banking
Access to account now fully active
Club UKA registration fee has been paid
Members UKA fees being paid

Club vests
Following the poll it has been agreed on a new ‘Yellow’ and ‘Blue’
Details and specification to be discussed with designer
Blue only to be worn on non-league races

AOB
Resignation request discussed and agreed
Joining process to be looked at for next year as members unclear or struggled with Excel sht
Investigate if membership form could be submitted from webpage
Review after memberships are complete to establish improvements

Next meeting 09/05/18

Share and Enjoy!

Minutes of SDRR Committee Meeting held on Wednesday, 21th February 2018

Present:     Andy Hawtin, Becky Moult, Andy Orme, Nikki Reeves and Adrian Middleton

Minutes of previous Meeting: Approved

Run in the Forest 2018:
SDRR teams are secure with 17 runners
There are approx. 50 volunteers filling all marshal and additional roles
So far 160 entrants have entered with places filling up fast
Andy Orme and Malcolm to set course, but will request support
Becky Moult to organise marshals for main race, complete marshal register and give brief
Nikki Reeves to layout Fun Run course on the day and organise marshals
Request marshals to bring snips/pliers to remove running/warning signs and return them to base at the end of the race
Goody bags to have tracker bars and water. Decision made not to supply bananas due to large quantities left over last year.
There will be 8 age category prizes and cash prizes for the first 3 overall in both male and female categories
Pre-route run to be arranged by Andy Hawtin for marshal position identification

Presentation Night 2019:
Conkers has now been booked for the 12th Jan 2018
Deposit paid and confirmation email received
Club to fund the room hire, DJ and subsidize the food
Final numbers to be confirmed later in the year

Club Funds and Banking
New treasurer now has access to the bank and club funds
Current account to remain open until club fees are paid

Run Leader Courses
Committee agreed Lisa Wright and Tom Robinson to attend Run Leader Courses
Additional position will be discussed with the individual interested parties to clarify the available sessions and groups that need covering.  Feedback next meeting on outcome.

Relays race funding
Committee agrees to fund the Washlands and Hairy Helmet relays.
Other relays may be organised, but will not be funded by the club.  These will need to funded by the individual entrants of the races e.g. Peak Running Relay series

Club vests
A poll shall be conducted on the new ‘Yellow’ and ‘Blue’ vests for road racing
The ‘Blue’ vest will only be used for XC races
The new ‘Yellow’ vests will be used for league road races, old type still permitted

AOB
New Data Protection clause required by UKA to be added to the membership form.

Next meeting 04/04/18

 

Share and Enjoy!

Minutes of SDRR Committee Meeting held on Wednesday, 28th February 2018

Present:     Andy Hawtin, Becky Moult, Andy Orme, Nikki Reeves and Adrian Middleton

Apologies: Roger Barraclough & Malcolm Moore (Advisors during handover)

Minutes of previous Meeting: Approved

Committee roles (basic tasks)

Chairman:

Race director
General managing of the club
Signatory (secondary) for finance release

Captains (responsibilities apply to league races only):

Post meet times
Organise jobs at XC races
Washlands Relays organise teams
Not expected to turn up as all voluntary
Appoint a stand in (if required)

Secretary:

All communication to the external world.
Central contact from other league clubs, booking of club events.
Ensure there is a representative at the league discussions, this does not have to be the secretary in person.
Managing club membership details, register onto system UKA or update details if required
Signatory (secondary) for finance release

Treasurer:

Pay new member registration fee
Signatory for finance release

All committee members:

For a new club member give an introduction of the club including:
How it is structured regarding training groups
Membership type
Race leagues
New members ability and interests
Introduce them to the run leader and group they will be joining


Discussion on the registration and payment process

  • New members
  • Fill in application form
  • Register with England Athletics (Secretary)
  • Pay fees into club bank account (Treasurer)
  • Pay registration fees to England Athletics  (Treasurer)

 

Run in the Forest 5 plus Fun Run – 15th April 2018 – Update

  • 90 main race entries so far
  • 6 fun runners
  • All roles filled (time keepers, lead bike, marshals etc)
  • Flyers are currently in print and will be distributed once received.
  • Goody bags will be supplied containing banana, biscuits and water.
  • Andy Orme to look into obtaining possible ‘freebies’
  • Becky Moult to be Chief Marshall

 

Presentation evening 2019

  •  Contact Conkers to book the presentation night first choice 12th Jan, second choice 19th Jan – Ade Middleton
  • Club to cover costs for Disco, Hall Hire, all trophies etc. and expenses including subsidising hot buffet meal.

 

Run Leader Courses

  • Secretary to find out appropriate locations, dates and prices for ‘Leadership in Running Fitness’
  • Committee to ask running group members about possible interest in becoming a Run Leader.
  • Any club member interested in becoming a Run Leader should register their interest with a member of the committee.

 

SDRR Club Bank Account

  • Due to location (Derby) and functionality of the account, the committee voted to close the current club account by 5 votes to 0. This will remain open till after all membership fees have been paid 31/3/2018.
  • Becky Moult already benchmarking numerous local banks, whose accounts will fore fill the club constitution of two signatories and provide an up to date service for the club.

AOB

Discussion on a new Individual PB and Achievement Record sheet – agreed that Ade Middleton will circulate with club members for feedback and then decide on next actions.

Next meeting 21/3/18

Share and Enjoy!