MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 13TH APRIL 2016

Present:- I Moore; M Moore; A Hawtin; R Barraclough; K Knight; A Middleton [guest].

  1. Apologies:- non required.
  2. Minutes of previous meeting:- [9th March] – approved
  3. Prediction Runs for 2016 Season:-
  • All in Agreement for doing the prediction races in 2016
  • Kelly will do the route for 6th July run
  • Malcolm will do the route for the 10th August run
  • Run in The Forest 5 Mile Race plus Fun Run

 

    • 165 entries to date. On line entries close midnight Friday 15th April. Postal entries are closed already. “On the day” entries still to come in to increase the numbers of competitors.
    • Some “Fun Run” entries already in.
    • Andy will ask Phil from “Running Form” as to whether he will wish to  come with his Stall to sell running items.
    • We will hand out Bananas, Tracker bars &Fruit Nugget packs at the end of the race.
    • Kelly will try to obtain bags for these.
    • We have 300 bottles of water.
    • Committee to be at Conkers for around 8.00am on Sunday Morning to get things set up before runners arrive. Marshals should be there 8.45-9.00am. Andy will put this marshal turn up time on the Facebook and Inge will ask Chris Mason to put it onto the website.
    • Prize Giving will be located in the Conkers Amphitheatre – Malcolm will announce this location & prize handing out time at the start of the race.
    • Jan Dingley will be the race adjudicator
    • Inge to see if Graham & Karen Dayman will do the Fun Run  timing for us.
    • On Saturday 16th April at 4.00pm Malcolm, Adrian & Kelly will be at Conkers to put out the mile markers & other signs etc.
  • AOB.

 

  • Adrian wants to get the “Club Records” charts on the website urgently.  Will investigate such with Kelly & Dan.
  • Reception Area at Greenbank Leisure centre. The staff stress that we are too noisy whilst assembling for our runs on Wednesday club nights & assemble in a “Wrong Area” – we block the way to the toilets & swimming pool entrance for other Greenbank users.  Can we assemble further right into the coffee bar space or even outside in good weather? For further sorting out!
  • We had a complaint from a member about gathering up when he ran with the social run group some 3-4 weeks ago.  Inge will have a word with him to get the full story.
  • Adrian advised of the ”Whats On” free magazine. Should we investigate getting a feature in this for next year`s edition. Andy will get us a copy of this year`s to inspect.
  • Adrian also asked about us getting a”portable Hard Drive” unit for storing club photos etc. For appropriate consideration.
  • We had received from UK Athletics an “Up dated welfare” poster. As we do not have a youth section this was noted but just filed for any future reference. It also reminded us that coaches & officials should have up to date licences.

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.25pm.

THE DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING IS WEDNESDAY 25TH MAY 2016 AT 8.30PM AT THE SIR NIGEL GRESLEY PUBLIC HOUSE.

R A Barraclough

14-04-2016

 

 

Share and Enjoy!