MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 25TH MAY 2016

Present:- I Moore; M Moore; A Hawtin; R Barraclough; K Knight.

 

    1. Apologies:- non required.
    2. Minutes of previous meeting:- [13th April] – approved.
  • Run in the Forest Race 2017.

 

  • Question – do we do it again after this years event – Five Yeses!
  • Date? As the London Marathon is on 23rd April in 2017, we`ll “pencil in” 9th April 2017 for the race. Inge will confirm this action to Conkers people on 26th May.
  • Points from Inge`s recent discussion with Adrian Middleton:-
  • We`ll have a marshal at the Discovery Site
  • The “Fun Run” will be a separate race with its own entry form different from the main race form.
  • If the “fun Run” is to cater for over 100 runners again we will need a funnel manager plus a time keeper and number callers.
  • We will look at doing “fun Run” entries on line in 2017 as well as entries on the day.
  • We are looking to move the Fun Run start time to 10.00am & the Main race start time to 10.45am
  • We will make sure that the different start locations are clearly “Noticed”.
  • We are to check with BDL that our fun run will be treated as a “Junior League” race or not?
  • Kelly volunteered to “Market” our race – ie Advertising leaflets & entry forms to be out earlier rather than later!
  • It will be the same course as in 2016.
  • Entry fee to be as in 2016 together with “spot Prizes” still being offered. Spot prizes no longer to be given out to SDRR runners!
  • Leics licence for the race covered 300 runners in 2016. Should we go for 400 in 2017? Agreed a “yes” as this should be allowed as we had a good report from the race adjudicator for the 2016 event.
  • Maybe we will need more 1st aid cover?
  • Adrian had commented that ours is not a “measured” course – pretty near though.Will this be okay reference our “standard times” records at SDRR? If we need an officially measured course it can take up to 6 months to be done. Dave Mann is the contact about it being done – can this be done on a “Trail Course “such as our race?
  • We are to inform the “council” & “Run Britain” so we do not clash with a cycle race or any other event on the Conkers trails.
  • To consider Funding to get more “Official Signing” for the race – eg for “Entry Desks” locations, refreshment areas, “On the Day” & “pre registered” number collections?
  • Washlands Relays.

 

    • Andy has SDRR runners names. We need details of what their ages will be “on the day of the race”. Clarification of prize categories to be sorted. Kelly & Andy will sort out final teams. Malcolm will sort the payment for the team`s entries.
    • Roger will be at the normal SDRR Greenbank location on that Wednesday to organise a run for any members who turn out there instead of at the washlands.

 

  1. Prediction Runs.
  • All is sorted! Bottles of wine for prizes – “bulk purchase” organisation?

 

  • Presentation Night

 

  • Question:- Conkers okay again? Same format?  Agreed. To try for 14th January 2017 in preference with the 21st January as a secondary date if Conkers cannot accommodate on the preferential date. Shall we subsidise again – Yes.

 

  • Financial update

 

  • Not many membership subscriptions still outstanding. Essentially around £3,000 in our funds to date so all looks fine.
  • We have enough to subsidise events such as training weekends, “Away team races” etc as appropriate.
  • Membership is holding at around 120 people.

 

  • AOB

 

  • Discussion held reference James change from SDRR to Hatton Darts club. We have James resignation letter to SDRR but no paperwork from Hatton as yet.UK Athletics have to be officially advised – as to whether we object to the changeover or not & does he owe us any money etc. Is he cleared to run for Hatton to count in team races yet? Inge will check the situation with Stan from Hatton Darts.
  • Can we cater for even more members at our Club? We have no real need to advertise – just keep on with accepting people for a trial who turn up from “word of mouth” in the sporting fraternity?
  • A marshalling at Conkers observation reference the 2016 races – we had one marshal who sent “fun Runners” to the wrong start – we need to be accurate in our advice – it is now “sorted” & Inge will consult again with the marshal concerned ref the 2017 organisation on the day.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.25pm

 

THE DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING IS PUT FOR WEDNESDAY 7TH SEPTEMBER 2016 AT 8.30PM AT THE SIR NIGEL GRESLEY PUBLIC HOUSE. [ WE ARE HAVING A MEETING REST PERIOD OVER THE SUMMER MONTHS]

 

R A Barraclough

02-06-2016

 

Share and Enjoy!