The South Derbyshire Road Runners Athletics Club Championship Rules are listed below. The current standings can be found here.
- As in previous years, Championship qualifying races to be across the whole calendar year and covering 14 races over a variety of distances.
- To encourage good ‘turn outs’ for races we enter as a club all Leicestershire Winter Road Racing and Burton and District Summer Road Racing League races are included within the list of races. The exception to this will be the Washland Relays and the Club’s own races in both series.
- All Club competing members are split into leagues based on likely performance with no gender or age related splits.
- Number of races to qualify to be 7 out of 14 with the recorded score being based on inter league race finishing positions e. g. First back in the allocated leagues – 1 point, second back – 2 points and so on. Final total being based on an average of that individual’s finishing positions in all championship races.
- Finishing positions to be decided on ‘chip time’, when this is available. If runners finish in the same ‘chip time’ actual race finishing position to be the deciding factor.
- Any ties at the end of the season to be decided on ‘head to head’ performances.
- No discarding of poorer performances once the number of qualifying races has been completed. In very exceptional circumstances when, having started a championship race, circumstances such as an accident or other serious incident affects a runners finishing time that runner can request that individual race be discarded. The Committee’s decision on this to be final.
- To avoid distorting final positions no one who joins the Club part way through the season will be allocated a league unless they can complete the necessary number of qualifying races.
- Members to be advised of the relevant qualifying races at the start of the calendar year.