The South Derbyshire Road Runners Athletics Club Championship Rules are listed below. The current standings can be found here.
- As in previous years, Championship qualifying races to be across the whole calendar year and covering 15 races over a variety of distances.
- To encourage good ‘turn outs’ for races we enter as a club Leicestershire Winter Road Racing and Burton and District Summer Road Racing League races are included within the list of races. The exception to this will be the Club’s own races.
- All Club competing members are split into leagues based on likely performance with no gender or age related splits.
- Number of races to qualify to be 7 out of 15 with the recorded score being based on inter league race finishing positions e. g. First back in the allocated leagues – 1 point, second back – 2 points and so on. The final total being based on an average of that individual’s finishing positions in their best 7 championship races.
- Finishing positions to be decided on “Gun Finish Position”. For events like relays, leg/chip time to be used.
- Any ties at the end of the season to be decided on ‘head to head’ performances.
- To avoid distorting final positions, no one who joins the Club part way through the season will be allocated a league unless they can complete the necessary number of qualifying races.
- Members to be advised of the relevant qualifying races at the start of the calendar year. If races are cancelled or there are issues with members being able to enter races, the club has the right to withdraw a race and replace with an alternative fixture.