Committee

Minutes of SDRR Committee Meeting held on Wednesday, 2nd January 2019

  • Apologies – Becky Moult
  • Approve minutes of last meeting 12.12.18 (All)

Run in the Forest 2019 (AH)

  • Entries Update
  • Volunteers update – 52 so far
  • Medals – Andy Orme to look into obtaining 40 medals, currently have 65
  • 400 race numbers ordered
  • 100 Fun Run numbers ordered

Banking (BM)

  • Account overview
  • LRRL joining fee to be paid by end of Jan – Becky Moult

Presentation Night (AH)

  • 96 sold
  • Raffle tickets book to be purchased by Andy Orme

AGM (AH)

  • Re-Standing – confirmed AO, AH,
  • Andy Orme nominated as Men’s Captain by A.Middleton, seconded N.Reeves
  • Andy Hawtin nominated as Chairman by N.Reeves, seconded A.Middleton
  • Venue booking – Ade to contact South Derby District Council to book the Town Hall for 20/2/18 or 13, 27, from 8:30 start till 10:00pm

AOB (ALL

  • Water supplied by Melbourne Spring Water Company was originally a condition requested by Conkers. Contact Conkers to confirm if the original conditions apply.
  • Ade is taking the Social Group on 16th Jan, proposed an open invite to other groups for anyone wishing to join in to commemorate Inge’s passing. Training group sessions will still be run as usual.
  • Membership application received from Phil Daws to run 1st claim for SDRR, transfer in progress.
  • Membership application from Alicia Sharman, UKA transfer to SDRR from Ivanhoe complete.
Posted by Ade Middleton in Committee, Minutes, News, 0 comments

Minutes of SDRR Committee Meeting held on Wednesday, 10th October 2018

Present:     Andy Hawtin, Becky Moult, Andy Orme, Nikki Reeves and Adrian Middleton
Minutes of previous Meeting: Approved
Run in the Forest 2019:
Medical, UKA, Conkers confirmed
Checking on paths license – Andy Hawtin
On-line entries ready to go after final checks on paperwork for 400 runners
Race number agreed to be waterproof and numbers only to minimise cost
Water confirm source – Ade Middleton to confirm details with Malcolm Moore & Conkers
Race sign – check current stock and advise on reorder types and quantity – Andy Orme
Fun Run Medals – investigate similar types and price – Andy Hawtin
Sponsorship – ask if anyone would be interested by either supplying gifts or financial support
Membership:
Total 161, including 130 UKA competitive members
Discussions over runners who have not joined the club and continually run on Wednesday evenings.  Advised to direct the runners to Andy Hawtin who can re-affirm the club trial conditions of one month and how to join the club.
Upcoming Cross Country races require runners to be UKA competitive registered.
Presenation evening:
Theme night for presentation – ask members opinions during Wednesday training sessions
Confirm price of food with Conkers, agree attendance fees at next meeting
Club Championship:
Discussions about inclusion of other races
Confirmed Burton League to remain and two Leicester League Races
App Update by Andy Hawtin approx 100 member loaded App.
AOB:
Prediction Race Challenge
Due to the issue of runners going the wrong way at the last prediction run. It was agreed that this one should be void and replaced by a Parkrun Prediction Run.  Due to the Xmas Team challenge race not going ahead this year, the decision has been made to substitute this for a prediction run on 19th Dec. Ade to organise marshals, Andy & Becky times and results.  This will then complete the series.
No club run on Wed 26th Dec, Monday 24 and 31st but put up on other channels.
Age for joining the club was confirmed as 17 years old, which will remain until the issue is raised at the AGM.
Andy Hawtin to confirm plans for the website content.
Adrian Middleton confirmed he will stand down from the committee as from the next AGM.

Posted by Ade Middleton in Committee, Minutes, 0 comments

Minutes of SDRR Committee Meeting held on Wednesday, 15th August 2018

Present:     Andy Hawtin, Becky Moult, Andy Orme, Nikki Reeves and Adrian Middleton
Minutes of previous Meeting: Approved
Run in the Forest 2019:
St Johns Ambulance have received our booking.  Currently awaiting to hear if they can accommodate our date as they are a voluntary organisation.
Licence received from Run Britain
Still waiting for Leicester Council to issue licence for access to the path.  It has now been in the system since May – Andy Hawtin to chase.
Fun Run job role and task description has been drafted and will be circulated to committee to approve.
Membership:
Club has 124 competitive members, a possible three new members to join within the next month.  The UKA portal is now fully up to date including emergency contacts, second claim, walking group.  This will now be used as the main source of data for club members.
BMAF Cross Country Relays:
Invite received from Long Eaton running club to attend the BMAF XC relays.  Ade Middleton to post info to gauge interest with the possibility of putting in relevant teams.  This will be funded by the individuals if teams are entered.
New Running Club App:
App demonstrated showing the features, ease of use etc. This is currently being tested by approx. 71 club members.  It has been proposed that this will be the single point of information for the club in the future.  The website will still exist but the content will be reduced, although no decision as to what extent has yet been agreed.
Concerns were raised by the club secretary as to whether all members will be able to download and have access to the App.  If not how will they be able to get the information e.g Training Schedules, Race dates for BDSL, XC & LRRL.
Agreed to get feedback from members currently testing the App.  Decision to be made on whether to adopt it or not 22/08/18.
Athletics Track Sessions:
There is the possibility of hiring the Derby AC running track at a cost of @£30 per hour.  Depending on the numbers interested this will then reduce the individual cost by those attending.  Investigate alternative venues and costs e.g. Shobnall and Tamworth AC.
DerbyRunner XC:
There has been many posts regarding dates of the XC races, these are only preliminary and have to be confirmed by the organising clubs.  As soon as the dates are confirmed they will be made available.
AOB
New UKA rule book issued to club secretary, if anyone want to borrow it for some technical reading, please contact Ade Middleton.
Remind members that if they have any suggestions or ideas for the club then these can be discussed at the start of committee meeting.  A reminder of the committee date will be posted one week prior to meeting for anyone wanting to attend.
Next meeting 10/10/18

Posted by Ade Middleton in Committee, Minutes, 0 comments