AGM

IMPORTANT!

At last night’s AGM we agreed the membership fee which is now due as follows. Walking Members £10, Running Members £12, Competing Running Members £27 (UKA fee currently £15, if it increases then we will require additional payment, last year’s increase was £1)

New members since Jan 1st 2019: your club fee is already paid until March 2020. If you also joined UKA (for the 1st time ever), this is already paid until March 2020 as well. If you have been a UKA member before you joined us then the £15 UKA fee is due again. New members prior to Jan 1st 2019, full fees are due as above.

Please make all payments to the normal club bank account, include a reference that makes your payment clear.

New committee: Chairman – Andy Hawtin, Treasurer – Becky Moult, Secretary – Karen Wilks, Mens Captain – Andy Orme, Ladies Captain – Lisa Wright. Please see the contact us page or app club info section for committee email addresses.

Share and Enjoy!

New members!

It’s a really warm welcome to Shannon Hurdman, Alicia Sharman, Ashley Wootton and Dave Hobbs who has recently joined the club as competing members.   All have been training with us for about month and also taking part in Sunday long runs, Dave did his first XC race at Anslow his first for two years.  We sincerely hope you all enjoy your time with the Club!

Share and Enjoy!

Invite to AGM

Formal Invite to AGM is set out below: TO SDRR MEMBERS

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE CLUB AGM WILL TAKE PLACE ON WEDNESDAY, 20th FEBRUARY 2019 AT THE TOWN HALL, THE DELPH, SWADLINCOTE (NEXT TO THE SIR NIGEL GRESLEY PUBLIC HOUSE) AT 8:30PM.

ONE OF THE FIXED AGENDA ITEMS IS THE ELECTION OF OFFICERS TO THE COMMITTEE. IF YOU WISH TO PROPOSE A MEMBER FOR A SPECIFIC POSITION FOR THE 2019 SEASON TO LET THE CLUB SECRETARY KNOW IN WRITING (OR EMAIL) 7 DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING. PROPOSALS SHOULD BE WITH THE NOMINEES APPROVAL AND COME WITH A NAMED SECONDER.

THE CLUB MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE POSTS CURRENTLY CONSIST OF:-

CHAIRPERSON, CLUB SECRETARY, TREASURER & MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY, WOMEN’S CLUB CAPTAIN & REPRESENTATIVE, MEN’S CLUB CAPTAIN & REPRESENTATIVE

ALSO, AS USUAL, THE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEES WILL BE DECIDED AT THIS MEETING AND THESE WILL THEN FALL DUE IN MARCH.

ANY REQUESTS FOR ITEMS OF ‘ANY OTHER BUSINESS’ FOR INCLUSION ON THE AGENDA MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE SECRETARY IN WRITING (HAND WRITTEN OR EMAIL) NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, 13TH FEBRUARY 2018.

PLEASE TRY AND ATTEND THIS AGM AS IT IS YOUR CLUB AND YOUR NEEDS ARE FOREMOST IN THE COMMITTEE’S WORK.

KIND REGARDS

ANDY HAWTIN

ON BEHALF OF THE SDRR COMMITTEE

Share and Enjoy!

Social running group on Wednesday 16th Jan

Hi everyone, Ade Middleton will be taking the Social Running group Wednesday 16th Jan. With agreement from Malcolm, this is an open invite for anyone wishing to commemorate Inge’ passing with a steady 4m run is more than welcome to join in. Training group sessions will take place as normal as we are also sure Inge would not want us to stop training!

Share and Enjoy!

Minutes of SDRR Committee Meeting held on Wednesday, 2nd January 2019

  • Apologies – Becky Moult
  • Approve minutes of last meeting 12.12.18 (All)

Run in the Forest 2019 (AH)

  • Entries Update
  • Volunteers update – 52 so far
  • Medals – Andy Orme to look into obtaining 40 medals, currently have 65
  • 400 race numbers ordered
  • 100 Fun Run numbers ordered

Banking (BM)

  • Account overview
  • LRRL joining fee to be paid by end of Jan – Becky Moult

Presentation Night (AH)

  • 96 sold
  • Raffle tickets book to be purchased by Andy Orme

AGM (AH)

  • Re-Standing – confirmed AO, AH,
  • Andy Orme nominated as Men’s Captain by A.Middleton, seconded N.Reeves
  • Andy Hawtin nominated as Chairman by N.Reeves, seconded A.Middleton
  • Venue booking – Ade to contact South Derby District Council to book the Town Hall for 20/2/18 or 13, 27, from 8:30 start till 10:00pm

AOB (ALL

  • Water supplied by Melbourne Spring Water Company was originally a condition requested by Conkers. Contact Conkers to confirm if the original conditions apply.
  • Ade is taking the Social Group on 16th Jan, proposed an open invite to other groups for anyone wishing to join in to commemorate Inge’s passing. Training group sessions will still be run as usual.
  • Membership application received from Phil Daws to run 1st claim for SDRR, transfer in progress.
  • Membership application from Alicia Sharman, UKA transfer to SDRR from Ivanhoe complete.
Share and Enjoy!

Christmas Cracker 2018

The year has flown by and it was time to take the annual trip over to the Roaches near Leek, for the Christmas Cracker race.  The weather this year seemed to be milder compared to last year’s snow and ice spectacular.  Although shortly after arriving we were given the news that for the second year running the race had to be run around Tittesworth Reservoir due to icy conditions on top.  However this did not dampen or chill our enthusiasm as we headed out onto the undulating track. The race is famed for its fancy dress and this year did not disappoint with some great team costumes covering everything from the Three Wise Ladies, numerous elves and Santa’s, but I think the 15 Mexican’s were highlight of the day especially as they all waited and finished together to a large round of applause. It’s a deceiving route with very few flat sections, some steep stepped sections and many uphill winding climbs that caught many a runner out. Our happy group stayed well bunched for the first third, chatting away as we went although Jenny and Nathan had started to pull away. It was great to cross back over the reservoir to a Mexican wave, from the high spirited poncho wearing Mexican group! Then soon we were into the final section winding up and down through the woods passing a few on our way, until we were on the path heading to the finish. The final race order was Nathan Fagan (44) and Jenny Laing (45) both with a time of 0:37:03, Ade Middleton (64) came in next 0:40:15, closely followed by Katie Dennis (70) 0:40:47 and Rom Chambard (71) 0:40:48.  Then in came the heavy weights pushing each other for a final dash to the line with Kev Clarke nipping in (73) 0:41:08, Paul Hudson (74) 0:41:09 and Gary Price (75) also in a time of 0:41:09.  Emma Sharp finished like a trooper in (175) 0:52:20.  Maybe next year we will make it over the Roaches and Kev can co-ordinate a team fancy dress theme to compete with the other clubs, we will wait and see!

Share and Enjoy!

Minutes of SDRR Committee Meeting held on Wednesday, 21st November 2018

Present:       Andy Hawtin, Becky Moult, Andy Orme,  and Adrian Middleton
Applogies: Nikki Reeves

Minutes of previous Meeting: Approved

Run in the Forest 2019:
10 online entries so far through Run Britain
Volunteers are 40 so far
FunRun job profile has been created by Ade and a request for an organiser will be posted on Facebook

Presenation evening:
Ideas: Andy H – men shirt/tie/jacket, women
Settled on idea – smart / black tie
Photo slideshow – Ian and Chris
Photographer – Ian Archer
Compare: Andy – chairman
Ade – to supply standard times slides results, Andy/Ade to present
Raffle – Becky to do, Andy to get prizes
Engraving – Roger
Trophy collection in for December
Most improved male/female – committee to decide by mid December

Club Championship:
 15 races agreed on

Website:
Ongoing proposals/improvements have been discussed within the committee and with club web designer.  Phased roll out has started and will continue until complete.

Club Kit:
Alternate supplier for all kit except vests. These can be purchased on line and means the club does not have to hold stock. All agreed on the idea, brochure to be circulated so guidelines on standard kit can be drawn up.

AGM:
Ade to contact Malcolm to find out how to book the Town Hall.

AOB:
Discussion on club/age records, all agreed that pre 2013 records can be submitted as long as the current criteria and met.
1, You must be running for South Derbyshire in the race
2, The results list must be accompanied with the submission
3, For age records you must be within the age category on the day of the race

Share and Enjoy!

November Committee Meeting

The regular club committee meeting will be held this Wednesday 21st November, starting at 8:30pm in the Sir Nigel Gresley.  If anyone has any new ideas, suggestions, concerns or questions to raise then here is your chance to raise them. Questions will be discussed at the beginning of the meeting to allow time for the agenda topics to follow on. This is a regular monthly meeting that is open for any member to attend if they wish.

Share and Enjoy!

Running Club App


If you haven’t yet set your account up…

Go to https://app.myrunningclub.net/account/register

Enter the basic info requested including the club code: 5b573abe

You’ll then receive a weekly email with upcoming training, ParkRun results links, recent races and upcoming races as well as the members who are doing them!

If you have a smart phone then after this download the app under the same name and take advantage of additional features like recording race results and pbs.

The app is not essential but setting up the initial web login means I can send out club info directly to you as a member, so makes club admin much more efficient.

Andy

Share and Enjoy!