Minutes of SDRR Committee Meeting held on Wednesday, 28th February 2018

Present:     Andy Hawtin, Becky Moult, Andy Orme, Nikki Reeves and Adrian Middleton

Apologies: Roger Barraclough & Malcolm Moore (Advisors during handover)

Minutes of previous Meeting: Approved

Committee roles (basic tasks)


Race director
General managing of the club
Signatory (secondary) for finance release

Captains (responsibilities apply to league races only):

Post meet times
Organise jobs at XC races
Washlands Relays organise teams
Not expected to turn up as all voluntary
Appoint a stand in (if required)


All communication to the external world.
Central contact from other league clubs, booking of club events.
Ensure there is a representative at the league discussions, this does not have to be the secretary in person.
Managing club membership details, register onto system UKA or update details if required
Signatory (secondary) for finance release


Pay new member registration fee
Signatory for finance release

All committee members:

For a new club member give an introduction of the club including:
How it is structured regarding training groups
Membership type
Race leagues
New members ability and interests
Introduce them to the run leader and group they will be joining

Discussion on the registration and payment process

  • New members
  • Fill in application form
  • Register with England Athletics (Secretary)
  • Pay fees into club bank account (Treasurer)
  • Pay registration fees to England Athletics  (Treasurer)


Run in the Forest 5 plus Fun Run – 15th April 2018 – Update

  • 90 main race entries so far
  • 6 fun runners
  • All roles filled (time keepers, lead bike, marshals etc)
  • Flyers are currently in print and will be distributed once received.
  • Goody bags will be supplied containing banana, biscuits and water.
  • Andy Orme to look into obtaining possible ‘freebies’
  • Becky Moult to be Chief Marshall


Presentation evening 2019

  •  Contact Conkers to book the presentation night first choice 12th Jan, second choice 19th Jan – Ade Middleton
  • Club to cover costs for Disco, Hall Hire, all trophies etc. and expenses including subsidising hot buffet meal.


Run Leader Courses

  • Secretary to find out appropriate locations, dates and prices for ‘Leadership in Running Fitness’
  • Committee to ask running group members about possible interest in becoming a Run Leader.
  • Any club member interested in becoming a Run Leader should register their interest with a member of the committee.


SDRR Club Bank Account

  • Due to location (Derby) and functionality of the account, the committee voted to close the current club account by 5 votes to 0. This will remain open till after all membership fees have been paid 31/3/2018.
  • Becky Moult already benchmarking numerous local banks, whose accounts will fore fill the club constitution of two signatories and provide an up to date service for the club.


Discussion on a new Individual PB and Achievement Record sheet – agreed that Ade Middleton will circulate with club members for feedback and then decide on next actions.

Next meeting 21/3/18

Share and Enjoy!